Saturday, August 30, 2014

Wren Wrestling



I was in Corinella yesterday to eventually catch up once more with the Bass Coast Birdlife mob. There was a timetabled outing at the Corinella Cemetery Bushland reserve – more of that in another posting shortly.

I arrived early and spent some time walking the cliff top trail from Settlers Point. I’d just got started and came across a Superb Fairy Wren family busily sorting out some kind of pecking order. I stood quietly in some bushes and several members checked me out occasionally but by and large they were not too bothered with my presence.



There seemed to be a few scores to settle. Two males were trying to dominate one another at first.



One male took a shine to his favourite lady, (I presume), and followed her constantly with others in tow.





Suddenly it was on in earnest, watched by the males, (and me).



This went on for ages. Nearly filled my camera card.
Gouldiae


1 comment:

  1. What a great opportunity! They do seem to be into interactions at the moment.

    ReplyDelete