Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Here's a Sad Little Tale ...



G’day Blogworld,
When I visited ‘my robin patch’ on the golf course this morning I was confronted with some views that dismayed me somewhat.  All was well at the start. The female was first in to say hello as usual.



 The male took a while to arrive and when he did so, he had difficulty landing on a perch. When he was finally settled, he remained in a crouched position.
 

As I watched for a short while, he would sometimes stand and pick at his left foot. I saw then that he has some sort of major trauma to his left leg/foot.



Poor little b…...! I wonder how that happened. The pair sometimes spend time feeding in a neighbour’s paddock in the usual robin ‘perch and pounce’ manner, perching on the top strand of a barbed wire fence. Did he get his toes hooked in the fence?

I shall try and remain positive and be secure in the knowledge that often wild creatures can be quite resilient in these situations. I’ll keep you posted.
Regards,
Gouldiae.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, the poor little thing. They are quite tough, though, as you say, so hopefully he'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing lets hope he gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day B, N, (and PB),
    Checked him last night and he seemed to be coping well. No stained feathers, foot still dangling though, rapid breathing seems to have eased, feeding ok. I'll be looking in again later this morning.
    Regards,
    PW

    ReplyDelete