Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Some Garden Portraits



G’day All,
Here in Gouldiae land at present there isn’t much opportunity to get out and about – 180mm of precipitation so far. I’m not complaining, but.

Some visitors to the scattering of seed on the edge of the driveway yesterday gave me the chance for some garden portraits.

The Crimson Rosella seems not to be as prolific as it was when we first moved here 10+ years ago. 


 When I see the much more prolific Eastern Rosella, I’m reminded of the ‘coloufurl mess’ of an artist’s palette.



I hate to think of the number of jpg files there are in my King Parrot folder. It’s not easy to resist firing off some shots when the kings are about.


 The common or garden maggie is best liked in this household for the morning choruses. When I’m outside, there is nearly always a pair that follows me about for some scraps should I turn a bit of soil or chop some firewood.

 
The bovver boys of the garden collection are the Rainbow Lorikeets.

 
 Whenever the parrots and others are getting a handout some of the resident Sulphur-crested Cockatoos never seem to be far away. They can arrive in big numbers sometimes and this usually is my signal to finish.


Oh well, it was something to do on a rainy day.
Regards,
Gouldiae.

No comments:

Post a Comment