Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Lookin' Good!


G’day All,


This season the golf course is looking wonderful and I don’t mean just the fairways and greens. Step off any of the back fairways into the bush and there is a feast for a naturalist’s eyes. On one of my favourite ‘nature trails’ at present, the Daphne Heath is out and the perfume is delightful.

 

 

In a few places, the Lomandra grows right out to the edge of the fairways and the golfers hate it with a passion. Consequently it is mown down to ground level in some spots but step into the rough a couple of metres and it is growing beautifully.

 

Some of ‘Pete’s Paths’ are covered in Matted Bush Pea. When walking through it is unavoidable and despite some frequent use by a particular bird photographer it survives very well.

 

 

Finally caught up with one of the Olive-backed Orioles that have been singing away for some weeks now.


The orioles occupy the same patch of box bush each year. Although I feel confident they breed here, I’ve not found a nest yet. Maybe this year?

Regards,
Gouldiae.

3 comments:

  1. Spring is pretty darned good, isn't it? The insects must love all those blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gouldiae, thanks for lots of great photos on your blog site. I wonder if you would mind if I posted a copy of your fantastic photo of Brachyloma in a blog I am writing? I will of course include an acknowledgement and a link to your great site.

    My blog site is http://ianluntresearch.wordpress.com/

    PS I used at live in Bairnsdele, and enjoyed seeing your photos from Dawson, which I haven't visited for a long time now.

    I hope you read comments on old posts! Yours sincerely, Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day Ian,
    Sure, use any of my material you want - spread the word I say, when it comes to preserving/conserving habitat.
    Regards,
    Peter.

    ReplyDelete