Saturday, September 29, 2012

Who is stalking who?


G’day,


Although the distribution of the Nankeen Night Heron is quite widespread, it is always something of a surprise when they turn up here at the Heyfield Golf Course dam. Mind you, they are welcome any time they like.

 

Two days ago I sprung these two when I was stalking something else. I’d spotted a small unrecognizable bird dive into some scrub beside the dam so I ducked home for the camera. Didn’t have any luck but the two herons flew up onto the top branches of an old euc and continued to watch, (stalk?), me. I was a long way off, but they watched every move I made until one flew off just as I tried to get into a position to snap both birds side by side.

 

It was though they knew what I was up to – just as I got into position, one took off.

Regards,
Gouldiae.

No comments:

Post a Comment