Friday, September 7, 2012

Gluepot ...



... here I come.

G’day Folks,
Just a few days to go and I’ll be heading over to that wonderful SA desert country once more for my annual dose of ‘different habitat - different birds’. A small group of Heyfield Birdwatchers will be joining me and we are looking forward to a great time.

Gluepot of course is the BirdLife Australia’s wonderful reserve just north of Waikerie.  I have visited the place on several previous occasions and have to admit to being smitten. Here’s a small sample of some of the birds I ticked in 2010 …

Chestnut Quail-thrush
Gilbert's Whistler
Masked Woodswallow
White-browed Babbler
White-fronted Honeyeater
If you would like to see some more from last year’s visit, click on my new DPHOTO gallery link that appears in the column on the right hand side of this blog. (My Tabblo galleries were lost when Tabblo suddenly and unannounced was shut down!)

Can’t wait.

Regards,
Gouldiae.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your trip and stay at Gluepot look forward to your report.

    ReplyDelete