Sunday, June 19, 2011

Keepin' Warm

G'day All,
I have a favourite old coat for keeping warm when I'm riding the mowers on a cold day. It hangs outside the back door on the outside wall of the cat cage. With some fairways to be cut this morning, I went to put the coat on and found that another creature had discovered that it's a great coat for keeping out the cold wind.

 
  
 
I don't know my bats very well, someone might be able to ID it from the pictures, perhaps the Lesser Long-eared Bat?

 
I took a few shots and decided to re-locate it to one of the bat boxes on the side of the woodshed.

 
I picked up the bat carefully, collected the steps so I could reach the box, opened the lid to discover that the inn was full - well partially so.
 
 
 There are four boxes erected in and around the woodshed, so I put the little 'coat bat' in the box just inside the shed. I'll keep an eye on it for a day or two.
Regards,
Gouldiae.

2 comments:

  1. That bat's game roosting so close to the cat cage! I hope s/he's cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One very old and nearly blind cat Snail, but I'm sure if she found a bat in her lap she'd be capable of making a meal of it.

    ReplyDelete