Monday, August 23, 2010

Northpoint Birds

G'day Blog Readers,This is a late entry from the Heyfield Birdwatchers day back on the 8th of August. Our final 'garden' to visit was John and Marg's at Coongulla.

The star of the show, (in my opinion anyway, and I think some will dispute this - more details later), were the resident Whistling Kites, one devouring a recent catck from nearby Lake Glenmaggie.








On our walk through the bush there was plenty of action from the usual suspects.





As I intimated at the beginning, there might have been another 'bird' that drew close attention.


Regards,
Gouldiae.




4 comments:

  1. That last bird sure does look to be fun! However, I agree that the Whistling Kite is the star - just beautiful! BTW - a lady who often attends your outings was at Mitchell the same day we were - on her way to a Field Naturalists convention at Chinchilla. It's a very small world when you can meet people who know other people!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Mick,
    Yep, small old place this is.
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Mick. The whistling kite gets my vote for the top bird, even though there might be more entertainment value in the bigger white one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos. Looks like a great day out and about. I too would only like to look at the last one from the outside in. :)

    ReplyDelete