Monday, May 3, 2010

By Way of Contrast

G'day,
I did a quick 'reccy' of some bushland beside the Valencia Creek, a little north east of here, a couple of days ago. I was looking for a place to take the Heyfield Birdwatchers on Sunday. After taking some pics of some of my favourite little bush birds, it struck me how different the habitat was to the recently visited Gluepot Reserve in South Australia.


The little, shy, fast moving White-browed Scrubwren can be a challenge for the camera.




Same story for the lbj's. I think this is a Brown Thornbill. In another photo I can just make out a reddish eye.



There was a beautiful Golden Whistler working the foliage too, but he seemed always to be with a strong backlight, so again the camera(man) struggled.


Anyway, as the heading indicates, I didn't see any of these birds or trees at Gluepot.
Regards,
Gouldiae

PS1 Not taking the birdwatchers there. We're going to try Jack Smith Lake for Flame Robins - shouldn't have named the target bird should have I?

PS2 Another Gluepot trip episode coming shortly.

2 comments:

  1. I especially like the little srubwrens - I'm still trying for a good photo of them but don't see them often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Mick,
    Some days you get lucky.

    Note: The 'Brown' Thorn is actually a Striated - Thanks DF.

    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete