Thursday, January 21, 2010

Undisclosed Location!

G’day Folks,
I took a little bit of time away from the watering today and went off to check a site for the next bird watch outing. I won’t say where I went, someone might be listening. I told the troops last month that February’s excursion would be a secret! (Yeah, I know it’s a bit childish, but it might stimulate a little more interest, who knows?)

The bird list was pretty good and included Yellow-tufted Honeyeaters, Dusky Woodswallows, Noisy Friarbirds, Eastern Spinebills, Rainbow Bee-eaters and a personal favourite, the Rufous Fantail. I wasn’t able to spend heaps of time with the camera, as I was trying to determine which tracks to take etc, but I managed one or two acceptable shots…


Yellow-faced Honeyeater

Yellow-tufted Honeyeater

'Bossy Boots' - Willie Wagtail

Rainbow Bee-eater


Goanna

Don't bother checking the file names, that won't tell you where I was. You'll just have to wait and turn up on February at the Heyfield Wetlands. (Clue: I got in there ok, but needed some help to get out - watch this space).
Regards,
Gouldiae.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun - can anyone join?? OH yeah! The photos alone would make me come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks like fun to come. Hope your difficulty in getting out doesn't scare them all away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have people following you around to discover your secret location. If you see any suspicious fellows holding broadsheet newspapers up to their faces, check the papers for eye holes!

    ReplyDelete