Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rowdy

G'day Blog Followers,
We have a rowdy visitor to the golf course at the moment. I haven't noticed the Noisy Friarbirds for a season or two, so it is a pleasure to have them around. A lot of the eucs are heavily in flower and the friars are in good number.

While I was trying to capture a satisfactory image of a Friarbird, a pair of Olive-backed Orioles were persistently calling from a neighbouring tree.


We seem to get at least a pair of Orioles in the same patch of bush every year, and until today I haven't been able to get a satisfactory shot of one. It took me a little while to pin him down - that camouflage does a remarkably good job.
Regards to all,
Gouldiae.

5 comments:

  1. I especially enjoy the birds that make lots of noise! Noisy Friarbirds are always here - but the Oriole is one I still have to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Mick,
    Yep, I don't mind the noisy ones. The persistent ones - cooing Doves for example - can get tiring at times.
    Gotta be Orioles in your neck of the woods. It's those damn waders keep getting in the way, (lucky devil)!
    Regards,
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good photo of Trev, although you could've done him a favour and got his good side!
    Merv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother Nature does do a good job at Camouflaging. Nice Photo's G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gouldiae
    I recently tried to photograph an Oriole, (with no success at all) so I appreciate how good your image is.
    Cheers
    Denis

    ReplyDelete