Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Early Morning On The Course.

G'day Folks,
This morning I decided to take the camera 'to work'.

First, I checked on how the Choughs were going. All in order.


As I crossed the bridge to the pump shed I spotted a lonely Pelican cruising the dam.


Then I had to lift the hoses on all the greens. As I crossed the 4th fairway there was a pair of Wood Ducks grazing. For all their 'common-ness' and lack of appeal in some quarters, I rather like the 'woodies'.


There had obviously been an early morning Magpie fledging. Several young birds were perched precariously on low branches, and this one on the ground didn't want to get out of the way of the motorbike.


Down on the second green where a hose was still dribbling, a Galah was taking an early dip.




All in all, a pleasant start to the morning's work!
Regards,
Gouldiae.



4 comments:

  1. That's such a good start to the day. I hope the rest of the day was as good! The juvenile magpie is especially nice - that slightly startled look on the face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mornin' Mick,
    Yes, the maggies must have just been out of the nest. They weren't even 'cargh, carghing' for food from mum or dad. That little one was welcomed to the harsh world shortly after I took the shot, when it was chased off by ... a Noisy Miner!
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that is a good morning. Nice shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lighting on the pelican shot - nice work!

    ReplyDelete