Monday, August 17, 2009

Making a Splash

G'day All,
Neil at Out And About In Cooloola has just posted a beaut entry on the Grey Crowned Babblers that entertain him around their water bowl, and Mick's latest on Rainbow Lorikeets at Sandy Straits And Beyond, reminded me of some action that took place here the other day too.

"It's nice in today dear".
"Yes, sure is, and nice to have the place to ourselves".


"Uh oh, I spoke too soon".


Once the rainbows got out of the way, a couple of musks decided to check out what the fuss was about.


And after a dip, time for a scratch.
Regards,
Gouldiae.





3 comments:

  1. Oh I do like the photos of the lorikeets taking a bath! You even caught one coming in! Really Great! I've never seen a Musk Lorikeet up here. Maybe just not the right havitat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos love the Musk Lorikeet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day Mick and Neil,
    I really enjoy the musks. They are not as 'full on' as the rainbows and their numbers are quite consistent around here. Had them breeding in a tree hollow on the golf course last year. I'm monitoring the box trees on the 5th fairway pretty closely at the moment - my ball goes in there quite a bit.
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete