Monday, August 3, 2009

Jack Smith Lake

G'day Readers,
Yesterday was in the calendar for a 'parrot count' at Jack Smith Lake with Duncan. I love these days - great company with wonderful tales of yore, heaps of walking, (although we did one section in the 4wd this time), and always plenty of different birds, Blue-winged Parrots, Striated Wrens, an Eastern Curlew, Wedge-tailed Eagles, and the following...

The beautiful little flame Robin.

A Red-capped Plover - with leg rings.


White-fronted Chat.


Three Swans, and in the background two 'pelicans', (or maybe 'galahs'), with their vehicle parked near the top of the dunes, BEYOND the No Vehicles Past This Point sign - sigh! (Sorry DF, the Olympus lens wasn't quite good enough to get the rego).

Regards,
Gouldiae.

4 comments:

  1. It definitely sounds like you had fun! Wish we could all join you! Great birds too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Mick,
    Yep, I don't recall ever having an UNfun day out birding.
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice report and photo's. I really like the male WF Chat shot. Every time I get good views of these birds I never seem to have my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day James,
    Thanks for looking in and commenting.
    I've found that some days the Chats will be accommodating and allow me near enough for a shot, then next time they seem to be able to judge the focal length of the camera and stay just beyond it!
    Good luck with 'Birds and Birding in Tasmania'.
    Regards,
    Gouldiae.

    ReplyDelete