Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Treecreeper

G'day All,
At one stage today I had to wait for a hydraulic mechanic to arrive, to look at a problem we've been having with one of the mowers. And so, what does one do on a golf course when not playing golf or working? One wanders about with a camera looking for birds of course.



A White-throated Treecreeper entertained me for a short while. Plenty of these around here but oddly, this is the first one I've recorded on the course. Never even heard one before and it's nearly always their piping, penetrating, continuous, (or as Pizzey says, interminable), call that alerts you to their presence.
Regards,
Gouldiae.

6 comments:

  1. Nice photo - so I'm glad you had to wait for your mechanic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mick.
    Yep, birdwise it was fruitful. Not such good news re the mower though!
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo of the treecreeper Gouldiae - nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day Gouldiae!
    A very nice photo. I've always looked at the Treecreeper pictures in my field guide when in doubt about a tree creeping bird, but haven't seen one yet. Thanks for sharing!
    N

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh!
    there is something small for you here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'day Nickolay,
    You'd almost certainly hear a Treecreeper before you saw it - most times of the year, that is. Very identifiable call.
    Thanks for the badge. I'm honoured. Quite apt too, I'm going through a 'I love Owls phase' at present.
    Regards,
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete