Thursday, June 11, 2009

YTBC's

G'day Folks,
On Saturday the Heyfield Birdwatchers are visiting Holey Plains. I wasn't too certain which access track I wanted to use, so yesterday I ducked down to do a reconnoitre. On the way out I spotted a Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo in the top of a nearby pine tree.

When I stopped the ute to get out and have a good look, I could hear a large mob of them screeching further back in the pines. As I waited they began to fly over.



As I clicked away, I lost count of the number beyond 50. Lovely sight.

Just before I left - and the cockies were still going over - I looked into the low scrub behind me to see this guy watching. I'm not sure how long he'd been there.

All very nice, but I bet they won't be there to perform on Saturday!
Regards,
Gouldiae.

3 comments:

  1. G'day Gouldiae you beat me to the Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo I tried the other day for them but the rain chased me inside just when they got close. Good luck for Saturday.Its always the way though,checkout days are never the same as the day of the outing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely detail on the YTBC's. In-flight shots are so much fun to take! Hope the group gets as much to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day Gouldiae,
    Such great birds! I've only seen them very briefly from far away. Never had a chance for a decent photograph. Good to see them on your blog with much more detail and in-flight :)
    I love the little spy on the last pic too!
    Best regards
    Nickolay

    ReplyDelete