Monday, June 15, 2009

If The Glove Fits...

G'day Nature Lovers,
Last night I did a quick saunter, (?), around the house with the spotlight and came upon a Brushtail in a large tree near our house dam.


I was trying out the new camera's flash settings. Between taking a shot or two and checking the playback images, the possum disappeared. There was an old nest box nearby which I'd erected several seasons ago for a pair of Wood Ducks. In the last few years I'd noticed a pair of Crimson Rosellas using this particular box too.

After waiting a short while a nose appeared at the entrance hole and then out came the head.


It seems ducks parrots and possums are all quite happy to use the same abode. Pretty obvious I suppose - a hollow is just a hollow after all!
Regards,
Gouldiae.

6 comments:

  1. Oh that's a lovely story Gouldiae - and nicely illustrated as well!
    regards
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very smart possum! I gather the new camera works well with the flash too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Barbara.
    Yes Mick, quite happy with it. I have to admit that last night I really just used 'auto' settings basically. It was bitterly cold out there and I wasn't in the mood for waiting too long.
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new camera, Gouldiae!

    That's another one of your great possum posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gouldiae.
    I've been busy for a few days, so I have just caught up with your blog (and new camera).
    Flash effect is pretty impressive. Well done.
    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool post you got here. It would be great to read more about this topic. Thanx for giving that material.
    Joan Stepsen
    Gadget products

    ReplyDelete