Friday, May 22, 2009

A Quick Night's Spotting

G'day Readers,
I'm not sure what is going on here in Gouldiae country at present. I shouldn't be this busy - with other things. The grass has stopped growing. It hasn't rained of course, so I'm still doing some watering. (We want some rain, but not as much as southern Queensland and northern NSW, thank you). I just don't seem able to get a decent blog post up.

I think Duncan might have a job for me on the weekend. On the way to the 'puter room just now, to see what DF wants to do tomorrow or Sunday, I had a quick look in the garden trees with the spotlight. Here's what I got...




A couple of nights back I was lucky enough to spot a Ringtail, a Brushtail, a Sugar Glider and a Tawny Frogmouth all within about an hour!

Normal service will be resumed shortly, hopefully.

Regards,
Gouldiae

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I know nothing about spotlighting so I would like to ask what you use for a light? and do the birds/animals stay there when you turn the spotlight off them or do the hurry away afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good way to fill in an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gouldiae, please disregard my questions. I have just had them answered by someone local! I obviously had not asked the right questions of the right people!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day Mick and Neil,
    Nearly always something to see. Sleeping day birds are fun to come across too. I often find a Noisy Miner asleep on an outer branch, often barely a couple of metres above the ground. I think some species must shut right down overnight. I reckon I could walk up within inches without disturbing them. Others fly off the moment the light gets near them.
    Have fun Mick.
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome night photos as usual!

    ReplyDelete