Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Little Bit Of Colour....

.... on a dull morning.

G'day,
It was dull, overcast and disappointingly dry, (again), here this morning.

I headed for the woodheap to split another barrow load or two for the woodshed and was swooped by the 'kingies'. They certainly let me know when I haven't put out some seed for a day or two.

They very quickly attracted some friends too.

That's cheered me up a little. Now, where was I? Oh yes, the woodheap, that's right!
Regards,
Gouldiae.

3 comments:

  1. Those are nice birds to have in your backyard. My most common parrots in the backyard are lorikeets - I would miss their antics and their noise if they weren't there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Mick,
    Yes, isn't it nice to have them around. They can get very accustomed to our presence too. I recall mowing our lawns one time and got within just one or two cuts of the seed bowl before a bunch of Lorikeets decided they'd better fly to the nearest tree for a couple of moments, until I'd passed.
    Gouldiae.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little bit of color? Nce shots G.

    ReplyDelete