Friday, February 6, 2009

Damage

G'day Blogworld,
Over at Sandy Straits, Mick has a beaut entry on the Sulphur Crested Cockatoo and she mentions the damage they can do in her garden. 'Cockies' don't rate too highly around here at times either.

Sweet aren't they?

As I commented in Mick's blog, they can damage the greens here on the golf course, and not by dropping debris. Oh noooo, this is what they can do....


This happens once or twice a year. No one seems to know what they are after, but it takes hours to repair the greens. It then takes several weeks for the grass to recover.

I probably shouldn't have published this entry - we haven't been attacked for some time now.

Regards,
Gouldiae

5 comments:

  1. First they tees.
    Second they drive you nuts.
    Third they chip away.
    Fourth they put down.
    fifth they hole the green.
    Birdie three or four it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony has said all the smart words - so I'll just say that's worse than anything they do around my place - and I'm glad I'm not the one who has to fix it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day Mick and Tony,
    He has said it all Mick. I might've added a few more expletives.
    Good to see there's no 'gurgling' though, he must still be safe, thankfully.
    Regards,
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi All,
    Galahs doing much the same to our lawns (what's left after lack of rain), around here. Lots of people not real happy, as Galahs are a new import here, and have bred up due to 'well-meaning' local chap putting out seed for them for years, till they finally convinced him to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'day John,
    Heaps of Galahs here too. I've never seen them on the greens but they love ripping into the moist Kikuyu patches on some fairways.
    Some members have said that I don't seem to get too upset when these things happen. I get more angry when I see deliberate/malicious or negligent damage done by some players!
    Regards,
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete