Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ringtail #2

G'day,
Last night I had another encounter with a Ringtail Possum. This is a different animal to the one I met a few nights ago. This one is considerably smaller and lighter in colour than the previous one.
This fellow was in a young Elm tree just outside my 'computer room', begging to be photographed, so I obliged. He was down fairly low and gave me an opportunity to get a shot of his foreclaws being used like a hand.
When I tried for some shots of his classic 'ring' tail in action, he ran out of patience. Next time maybe.

Regards,
Gouldiae

5 comments:

  1. Great photos and a very cute possum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mick, yes he was a little cutie.
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one! It looks very inquisitive in that second shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Gouldiae! I enjoy your possum photos very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always nice to see them around the house, but preferably not IN the roof (which the Brushies think is built for their benefit).
    Sweet photo of the little guy preparing to swing like a gymnast.
    I look forward to the tail-hanging shots. They're always fun.
    Cheers
    Denis

    ReplyDelete