Thursday, October 2, 2008

Up The Creek

G’day Folks,
In between being a bit busy on the golf course, I snuck away for a few hours yesterday to a little creek in the foothills just to our north.

Stockyard Creek is one of many small tributaries that eventually feed the Avon River, and at present is a very picturesque series of rock pools…

Many of the native shrubs were in flower and the gully was full of their colours and scents.

Every now and then a local inhabitant would pop out to see what I was up to.

As I hopped from rock to rock between the pools, I came across these three species of daisy…


After a few hours of absorbing the sights and smells, it was time to return to the car. Instead of doubling back up the creek, I took a long swig of my water bottle, gulped down an orange, stuck my head into the nearest mint bush and breathed in deeply then started the climb up the rock escarpment to the walking track on top.
Back at the car, and on the short drive home, I marvelled again at how after such an activity you can feel a little weary and yet exhilarated at the same time. I just love our bush.
Regards,
Gouldiae

7 comments:

  1. Nice one Gouldiae, I hope you spared a thought for hard working me while you were enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day DF,
    Yeah, thought of you constantly as the dragon flies buzzed around me! Nice spot, we've gotta go in and explore a couple of nearby gullies.
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics of the flora and fauna. Looks like an interesting place to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful series of photos describing what must be a really great place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'day Mick and Mosura,
    Yep, nice little spot. Quite accessible too. Reckon I might go in soon and just sit and watch at a few spots. There were Yellow-tufted and White-naped Honeyeaters, and more, all around.
    Regards,
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tough choice! Work? Or a few hours of beauty?
    Hmmm,let's see...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, spot on Tony. No choice really, but it's so dry here I'm watering at the moment like it was the middle of summer.
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete