Thursday, October 23, 2008

Glad I Did

G'day Blogworld,
Yesterday I snuck away from watering and mowing, while the lady members were playing their weekly event. I'm glad I did.

I could only spare a couple of hours, so I drove up the Seaton road for a short look on the roadside for any interesting vegetation or birds. After dodging the descending log trucks, I pulled up in a safe spot and began to explore. It was nice to hear the birds and to see some mountain bush.


All the while, a small family of Pied Currawongs hopped from tree to tree and kept a wary eye on what I was up to.

Here's some of the plants I found. Some I've recognised and named, others are unknown to me, so any suggestions would be great...

Common Apple-berry

Blue Dampiera

Heath Milkwort - (Thanks DF)

Heath Milkwort

Hop Bitter-pea.


Hop Bitter-pea.

This is just a small selection of what was in flower.

Suddenly it's daylight, I'd better move those sprinklers and fire up the mower.

Regards,
Gouldiae

5 comments:

  1. Gouldiae, the pink plant is Comesperma ericinum, the Heath Milkwort, the pea is probably Hop Bitter Pea, Daviesia latifolium, there is another, D. mimosoides that is also a likely candidate, one would need to have a closer look to make a definite identification

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, meant Daviesia latifolia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm can't help with ID's but it's a wonderful collection of wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you did, Gouldiae!
    Beautiful photos.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep the beaut flowers flowing.

    When I get to be PM, logging trucks will have to give way to nature lovers.

    ReplyDelete