Monday, September 15, 2008

Shouldn't Be long Now


G’day,
The Eastern Rosellas seemed to have sorted out which nest box belong to which pair. I put 6 boxes up a few weeks ago, and they have all been inspected pretty thoroughly. The pairs seem to check the boxes out 3 or 4 times a day. At times there will be a little squabble and one pair will fly off elsewhere.


The birds seem to be getting used to me calling by several times a day too. If I do happen to spook them mid inspection, they seem to be taking less and less time to return. Shortly, I’ll start moving a little closer for some better shots, (hopefully).
Regards,
Gouldiae.

2 comments:

  1. That's great Gouldiae. I can't wait for the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Haven't seen anything looking at my nest box. Mind you it's been raining a lot and I can't see the box from the house. I have to walk up the hill. Looking forward to seeing your next Rosella update.

    ReplyDelete