Wednesday, October 1, 2008

King Parrot

G'day,
Around about now, the King Parrots start heading back up into the ranges for summer. The numbers around here at home have declined a little, but there is still a few visiting each day. This male dropped in for a feed at the seed tray this morning.

When he first arrived, the tray was empty and he kept swooping me as I walked around the garden, as if to remind me to put some seed out.

He didn't stay long, the local 'bovver boys' arrived and took over - as usual.

Nice start to the day.
Regards,
Gouldiae.


7 comments:

  1. Magnificent bird Gouldiae, a mature king takes a bit of beating. Ours haven't showed lately, may have headed for the hills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. I especially like the King Parrot. They are seen occasionally here but haven't stayed long enough yet for me to get photos of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks D & M,
    They are a standout bird. Very confiding too.
    Gouldiae.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long live the king!

    Keep feeding me all the time and I'll be sooooo confiding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely comment Tony, thanks.
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'day Gouldiae,
    This is a fantastic start of the day, isn't it? Great photos of the King Parrot and the Rainbow gang.
    Love your backyard!
    :)
    N

    ReplyDelete